Many people and corporations claim to know how to do SEO (search engine marketing). There are many SEO services to pick from. How do you know what to look for in the good SEO consultant / service? Here are some tips.
1. With all the high competition of SEO professionals fighting to your business, some will offer fixed pricing or low pricing. A reputable SEO company will not give you any upfront promises or pricing. All companies needs and goals are different from another. An SEO professional should take the time to get to know all aspects of your business and your advertising goals and assist you to come up with a cost for the service.
2. Make sure that your SEO company is not being outsourced with a 3rd party. What I mean with this is that, when you are searching for professionals, confirm that they are completing the work themselves and not with a sub-contraced company they hire. Your relationship has to be directly with the company or person you hire to accomplish your marketing and advertising. Too much miscommunication will break down your marketing campaign efforts. There are certain circumstances where it may be appropriate for an SEO company to outsource a portion of the work. An example would be website design. If an agency is hiring a person to do the graphics and set-up only, then that is acceptable as long as the SEO service is doing the content and optimization of the site. Professional SEO companies with have very tight partnerships with web site design professionals.
3. Make sure that they can rank difficult keywords. Ask about their strategy in getting your keywords ranked. An excellent test is to check if their own company is on the front page of Google. There are several circumstances where this may not apply. For instance, if someone has been doing SEO to get a very long time and decides to start a new company, normally it takes a few months to rank their particular site to the top from the search engines (just as it’s going to for yours).
4. Look out for anyone who promises to have your company at the top of the search engines in just a designated time. There’s no prediction nor is there any specific formula that can be completed to know exactly how long it will take to rank websites. If someone else is getting you to the very best within a few weeks, they are not doing ethical practices and this will only hurt you in the long run. Google will get up to date to SEO’s who are using unethical practices plus you site will be penalized which will put you at the bottom from the rankings. It often takes around 3-4 months to acquire sites ranked on the search engines. There may be some instances that you will get to the top sooner and a few that you may get there later. It all depends on how competitive keyword phrases are.
5. Make sure that SEO is the persons full-time profession. You do not need your SEO advertiser to become putting your campaign privately because they have other items to tend to. You also must be sure that they know what they are doing and are not just carrying this out as something extra to earn money. Also watch out for those who think they are SEO professionals simply because they work in a computer field. Although I’ve a degree in Computer Information Systems, it did not make me a search engine optimization professional. I learned everything I know outside of college through a team of experts.